Are you looking for an easy recipe for coconut macaroons?! Then you need to try these. While they have a few more ingredients than the most simple recipe, the extra effort is totally worth it. These are so unbelievably good you will want to eat them all in one day.
I love coconut macaroons. They make you feel like you are on the beach and in the sand simply by taking a little bite of this treat.
Who are these ideal for?
These are great desserts if you aren’t doing dairy, eggs, or animal products! I don’t follow any particular diet, but if you are, then these can be a great option:)
While these are healthier desserts, they still have a bit of sugar because of the syrup. I ate the whole pan the first day I made them, and I will tell you, I think I overdid it.
Simple To Make!
These are super easy to make and only require one bowl, pan, and baking sheet.
This secret ingredient to coconut macaroons makes them stand out from normal coconut macaroons. Coconut butter gives the macaroons an unbelievable taste and texture that I have never had when trying traditional macaroons.
Almond flour is very dense, making baking with it difficult. However, when using them in macaroons, they add the perfect amount of density and chewiness to the treat!
Maple syrup is a great sweetener in dishes like this. It adds the right texture and flavor to the macaroons while helping ensure all ingredients can mold together!
Possibly one of the best scents and tastes in the entire world. Vanilla adds the perfect flavor!
I love shredded coconut. It makes you feel like you are on a tropical island and transports you somewhere wonderful. It is also the bulk of this dish and, in my opinion, a healthy treat! I like using unsweetened shredded coconut because this dessert is already sweet enough with syrup.
Easy Recipe For Coconut Macaroons Recipe Instructions
- Heat oven to 170 degrees. Cooking the coconut macaroons at this temperate will help keep the inside chewy while keeping the outside toasty and crisp.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment. This will help keep your macaroons from sticking to the bottom of the pan. They roll right off the sheet, which helps keep their form!
- Melt coconut butter. I prefer to melt coconut butter on the stovetop in a saucepan. I usually do this on low-medium heat. It doesn’t take long to melt, so watch it.
- While the coconut butter is melting, combine all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. I prefer to start with the coconut shreds and add the wet ingredients. Once your coconut butter is softened, take it off of the heat and add it to the mixing bowl.
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined. Feel free to eat a little dough once you are finished:)
- Once the dough is mixed, take a spoon full and roll it into a ball. Then, add to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until you don’t have any dough left.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. The goal is for the coconut macaroons to be slightly crisp on the outside while being chewy on the inside.
Easy Recipe For Coconut Macaroons
Easy Recipe For Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cups Dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut butter
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Heat oven to 170 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt coconut butter
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients
- Mix well
- Once dough is mixed, form into balls and place on parchment
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until crips on the outside and chewy in the middle
This is a great summer time snack, but feel free to make it any time of the year! I didn’t do it in this recipe, but feel free to add dried fruit or chocolate chips to the dough!
I hope you enjoyed this post for an easy recipe for coconut macaroons!
Other posts you may enjoy:
- 11 Life-Changing Spring Cleaning Tips To Freshen Your Space And Life
- 11 Best Cleaning Products For Kitchen
- 5 Best Kitchen Organization Products